Mon, Oct 16|
Instructor Led Virtual Training
aPHR Exam Prep Class 2023 (Virtual)
Prepare for the aPHR exam with this fully online, live instructor-led certification prep course.
Time & Location
Oct 16, 2023, 6:30 PM – 9:30 PM EDT
Instructor Led Virtual Training
About the event
Prepare for the aPHR exam with our fully online, live instructor-led certification prep course.
Note: Class begins 10/16/2023. Early bird pricing is in effect until 9/16/2023.
Registration deadline: 10/05/2023. Late registration may be available after this date (additional fee applies).
- Class meets 6 consecutive Monday evenings from October 16 - November 20, 2023
- Class time is 6:30 - 9:30 pm EST / 5:30 - 8:30 pm CST / 4:30 - 7:30 pm MST / 3:30 - 6:30 pm PST
- Classes are recorded, so it's easy to catch-up at other times if needed.
Are you ready to earn your aPHR® certification credential? Our fully online, instructor-led Associate Professional in Human Resources certification exam prep course is designed to help you get prepared to do just that!
This online certification exam prep course includes expert instruction from a professional instructor. The class encompasses key exam content areas and helpful test-taking strategies and tips, along with current, comprehensive exam prep program materials.
Complete this class and master essential knowledge necessary for success in a career in human resource management or a related area and prepare to earn your foundational-level HR certification.
aPHR Exam Prep Class Details
Inside Insights' online certification prep class for the aPHR exam includes six live, instructor-led class sessions of approximately 3-hours each.
- The course fee is $799 (early bird procing of $699 applies until 9/16/2023). Fee includes the class and the current HRCP book with online materials.
- Students have access to the class recordings for 3 months after the live class ends.
- The instructor is available to answer questions or provide clarification via email or via phone or teleconference appointments.
- The exam fee is not included. You are responsible for scheduling and paying for your exam separately. See HRCI for exam fee information.
Our aPHR™ exam prep course provides professional instruction covering each of the six functional areas included on the aPHR exam:
- HR Operations
- Recruitment & Selection
- Compensation & Benefits
- Human Resource Development & Retention
- Employee Relations
- Health, Safety, and Security
Consistent with aPHR exam parameters, this course emphasizes U.S. employment law. It covers HR best practices and requirements in the context of the U.S. legal and regulatory environment.
Our aPHR certification prep course includes current, comprehensive HRCP exam prep materials designed to cover the Human Resources Certification Institute® (HRCI®) Exam Content Outline for the aPHR exam. This course meets for the recommended number of hours (18) to fully cover the materials and exam content outline.
To prepare for the exam, students will need to view all the recorded sessions and complete additional study via the course materials, which include practice exams, flash cards, and other instructional resources designed to enhance learning and prepare participants for the aPHR exam. Materials are included in the course cost.
Students will have access to the online portion of the HRCP materials for 24 months.
The class is taught by Mary Gormandy White, M.A., SHRM-SCP, SPHR, an experienced professional trainer with 15+ years of experience teaching HR certification prep courses. She has extensive HR training and consulting experience, including teaching HR Generalist and Strategic HR Leadership certificate programs for HR Training Center and writing practice questions for leading HR exam prep providers.
Who Can Benefit from aPHR Certification
The aPHR certification is appropriate for individuals whose jobs or career goals involve HR or non-HR professionals whose roles involve HR duties, such as managers, supervisors, administrators, or business owners. This class (and the aPHR certification) is appropriate for beginners and others whose jobs involve HR duties. The aPHR credential can be the best HR certification option for:
- Individuals transitioning to an HR role
- Individuals transition to a supervisory role
- Early-career HR professionals
- Recent college graduates seeking to enter the HR field
- Individuals seeking professional roles that involve HR duties
- Military service members preparing to transition to civilian careers
- Experienced HR professionals seeking aPHR certification as a precursor to an advanced credential
- Anyone wishing to earn a credential focused on U.S. employment law and HR best practices
aPHR Eligibility Requirements
A program of The HR Certification Institute (HRCI), the aPHR credential is designed for professionals who are beginning their HR career journey. To be eligible for the aPHR you must have a high school diploma or global equivalent. No HR experience is required since this is a knowledge-based credential.
(Note: If you already have significant experience in the human resources field, you may want to consider preparing for the PHR or SPHR exam instead.
The HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®) does not endorse any particular preparation program or offering. We encourage prospective certification holders to use a variety of resources that reflect their learning styles and needs. Purchasing a certification product is NOT required and HRCI does not guarantee that an individual will pass based on the purchase of a certification preparation product. The red-and-purple HR design, HR CERTIFICATION INSTITUTE, PHR, SPHR, and aPHR are trademarks of registered trademarks of Human Resource Certification Institute, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries. Used Under License.